Six very important agreements were signed today between the Governments of Maldives and Pakistan. The (formal, special event or series of actions) was held at the President’s Office this evening. The agreements signed today are as follows:
1..MOU between the Government of Maldives and the Government of Pakistan on Matters Relating to Tourism. The agreement was signed by Minister of Tourism, H.E. Moosa Zameer, and Mr. Chaudhry Abdul Ghafoor Khan, Managing Director of Pakistan Tourism Development Corporation (PTDC).
2. MOU between the Foreign Service Institute of Maldives and the Foreign Service College/school of Pakistan. The agreement was signed by Minister of Foreign Affairs, H.E. Dr. Mohamed Asim, and Person (who gives opinions about what could or should be done about things) to the Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs, H. E. Sartaj Aziz.
3. MOU on Cooperation on the Matters of a Maldives – Pakistan Joint Business (group of people who advise or govern) between the Ministry of Money-based Development and the Federation of Pakistan Room of (the buying and selling of goods) The agreement was signed by Minister of Money-based Development, H.E. Mohamed Saeed, and President of the Federation of Pakistan Rooms of (the buying and selling of goods) and Industry (FPCCI), Mr. Zubair Farid Tufail.
4. MOU on Cooperation in the Fields of Climate Change and (related to surrounding conditions or the health of the Earth) Protection between the Ministry of (surrounding conditions) and Energy of Maldives and the Ministry of Climate Change of Pakistan.The agreement was signed by Minister of (surrounding conditions) and Energy, H.E. Thoriq Ibrahim H.E. Vice Admiral (Retd) Syed Khawar Ali Shah, Representative of Pakistan to Maldives Sartaj Aziz.
5. MOU between the Maldives National University and the Virtual University of Pakistan The agreement was signed by Chancellor of the Maldives National University, Dr. Mohamed Latheef, and Rector of the Virtual University of Pakistan, Dr. Naveed Akhtar Malik.
6. MoU between the Civil Service Commission, Maldives and the National School of Public Policy,Pakistan.The agreement was signed by Chairman, Civil Service Commission, Dr. Ali Shameem, and Dean of the National Management College, Mr. Naeem Aslam. President Abdullah Yameen Abdul Gayoom and H.E. Mr. Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif were in attendance at the signing (formal, special event or series of actions).